We know that being a vehicle owner is a huge investment that not only includes up front costs and more than likely monthly payments, but also money put towards services and maintenance that your vehicle needs. Unfortunately, the majority of vehicle owners don't stay on top of recommended services, which causes major system to have issues. These problems end up costing more money on repairs which could of been prevented with good car care.
Many people don't realize this, but vehicle maintenance is actually the best way to save money on car costs over time. Here are our 5 money saving vehicle maintenance tips that will keep your vehicle running well and help keep money in your pocket:
- Pay attention to your tires - be sure that the tires always have the correct air pressure and that they are rotated regularly to ensure even wear and help you avoid flats and blowouts on the road.
- Keep your car battery clean - a quick visit to the auto repair shop can have your battery cleaned to avoid corrosion from battery acid and a quicker breakdown of battery fluids.
- Never miss an oil change - never be late or miss an oil change!
- Keep note of any strange noises - a strange vehicle noise can be a sign of an issue, whether big or small. Noting these noises and having them inspected by a trusted mechanic can catch a problem early on.
- Make sure your coolant is inspected on the regular - low coolant can cause your engine to overheat, which can cost thousands to repair. Be sure that you have your coolant inspected regularly with your trusted mechanic.
These 5 vehicle maintenance tips will end up saving you money in the long run on your car. If your vehicle is due for anything listed above, don't hesitate to bring your vehicle into the experts here at Monticello Auto Service today!